Monday, February 10, 2014

COMMENTARY! OK Universe, Bring me these weddings

You're not going to get it unless you ask for it, so here goes.  I've got some dream theme weddings I'd love to photograph.  They've been at the back of my mind ever since I started in this industry and I've been patiently waiting for one to come along. No more! I'm asking for them.  Here's a list of my top 5 wishes.  Maybe you know someone who's planning this very thing or maybe you might want to take one on yourself. 

1. The Circus.  I want to shoot in the big top (or a close re-creation).  I want animals and circus performers.  I want popcorn and cotton candy.  I want photos of little kids with balloons and clowns. You and your guests can be in traditional wedding garb I just want your surroundings to be magical. 


2. Masquerade Ball. You have to go all the way with this one.  Pick an ornate, historic venue and get your family and bridal party in costume.  Frankly, I'm envisioning that scene in the Labyrinth where Jennifer Connoly is dancing with David Bowie in a bubble but you can go with whatever inspires you.  

3. Sci-Fi/Fantasy. I'm going to give you a wide selection of choices here. Star Trek, Star Wars, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Firefly, Magic, D&D, Lord of the Rings. Think "Comic-Con meets Your Wedding".  My imagination is going haywire just thinking about it.


4. Christmas.  Wouldn't it be awesome to get married in a winter wonderland? Trees with twinkling lights, mistletoe garland, and candlelit tables full of holly leaves.  Throw in some carolers during cocktail hour and perhaps end the night with a visit from Old St. Nick and you've got my attention.

5. Rock Opera.  I couldn't come up with the last one until I had a discussion recently about what would make wedding ceremonies more fun.  Singing your vows and fireworks explosions, of course.  Dry ice may have been mentioned along with a laser light show.

Sooooo...who's up first?

2 comments:

  1. asking for what you want - I love it! a circus wedding would be AMAZE! Now you have me thinking about what IIII want to shoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we didn't go full on theme, but ours was pretty close to Sci-fi/Fantasy right? You even used the pic of our glassware :)

    ReplyDelete