Saturday, April 2, 2016

EVENTS! PLAZA by Scott Pennington at Light City Baltimore

I've had Light City on my calendar for months.  I didn't quite know what to expect of this inaugural event and I wasn't even sure what it was all about. As the date grew closer I read everything I could about the artists installations, scheduled events and themes to be explored during the week long exposition. That's when I discovered my college friend, Scott, was creating a display outside of the World Trade Center entitled PLAZA. I have always been a fan of his work regularly featured at Art Scape and the Transmodern Art Festival. Of course, I was going to stop by and explore his latest creation. When I finally made my way through the crowds of onlookers and participants I was blown away. It was everything I'd hoped for an more. Colors, lights, large constructions that glowed and blinked and mesmerized viewers. 3500 lightbulbs lit several freestanding structures as people wander around, under and through arches, chevrons and arrows.  I could have spent hours gazing upon this ever changing landscape. I ran into Scott as I was admiring his workmanship and he asked if I could return to take detailed photographs of his work. Of course! I dare you not to be enthralled by the amazing colors and compositions.















No comments:

Post a Comment