Monday, May 9, 2016

PORTRAITS! Big Sister, Little Sister

It is familiar and new all at once. The drive to the house, parking in the same spot, walking to the front door as the dog slides through the foyer to greet me. The last time I was at the Novaks' house I was there to photograph their first child.  It was new to all of us. I had only done a few newborn sessions in the past, they were new parents. Diana had printed out some photos that she'd seen online as suggestions, so we tried a few out. I had some ideas from watching workshop videos so we tried those too. We even managed to get a photo of the baby and the dog after much cajoling.  

This time we were all more relaxed. Maddie was running about in her 'Big Sister' shirt. The dog followed us everywhere. We replicated a few of the images from the last time and came up with some new ideas for Baby Josie.  I kept shooting throughout, trying to capture all the little in between moments. A smile, a kiss, a hug, a yawn. The baby sneezed and it was the cutest. These are the things that matter.  










No comments:

Post a Comment